So, I have been receiving many comments regarding the state of apps such as Viber, LINE and Google Calendar among others on the ThL W3+. I am sorry if your comments take a long time to be approved, I usually ignore the email notifications as I have been receiving some spam comments lately. So without further ado, let's get to the main point; how to fix the incompatibilities.
Warning/Disclaimer: This tutorial will completely wipe your phone so backup your data on your own. I am in no way responsible for any data loss and/or any damages done to your device. I have been reading the posts at forum.china-iphone.ru using Google Translate and there have been some reports of screen issues regarding the brightness/flickering. Personally, I have successfully done this procedure to my phone and everything was fine :).
This tutorial is basically a tutorial on how to flash a custom firmware (obtained from the aforementioned forum) by ink08. You can read more on this firmware here and even donate to his paypal account.
1) Backup everything you need from your phone to your computer. Make sure your phone have at least 50% of battery left.
2) Download this. It is basically a modified version of ModRecovery so that the phone can accept non-factory produced files. Rename this to update.zip.
3) Download this custom firmware.
4) Put the files into your phone's internal storage. Do NOT extract the files in the zip files. Just simply copy the two zip files.
5) On your phone, go to Settings, About and then click on the Reboot Recovery.
6) Once your phone displays an android icon with a red symbol in the middle, use the up/down volume buttons to navigate to Install zip from sdcard and then click the power button once to enter.
7) Select Choose zip from sdcard and the select the update.zip file you downloaded from step 2.
8) After it has done flashing, select Go back and then select Reboot system now.
9) Once it rebooted, repeat steps 5 to 6. However, this time choose the zip file you downloaded from step 3.
10) Reboot the phone by selecting Go back and Reboot system now.
Optional: I highly suggest you to format your phone storage at this stage to prevent any errors in the future. Make sure you have everything backed up somewhere else! You can do this through Settings, Storage and then Format phone storage.
And that is it! You can now customise your phone at will and Google Calendar will be working straight away. It is also rooted so you don't have to root it again. Viber and LINE can be installed straight away from the market.
One thing I noticed is that somehow the brightness of my device is a little lower which for me is a welcomed side effect as I found the lowest brightness before to be too bright. As always, if you have anything to ask post a comment below. Or if I helped you in anyway, donate to my paypal account by using the Donate button on the top of this site (shameless promotion :D).